Sunday, October 5, 2014

Let's get Depressing!!!!

There is no more silence. No more stillness. They eviscerated it all.

The sun bore down upon us -- all of us -- making us bleed happier memories. I walked through the bones graveyard. They rattled underneath my dirty feet. The graves were crumbling to the ground, as dry as our skin. No more will to fight it. The people and animals lay, almost indeterminate. In a gigantic slumber party, that I could feel myself growing closer to. I wanted to end it with the bones of my husband, my mother, my father, my aunts, my cousins, my dog. Please end it here.

My entire body is in a dry heave these days. Still trying to fight the undeniable sun. A will inside myself that sometimes flares up against its mother flare. But how can I win? How can I, a flake, fight an iron-clad shut oven like the sun? I know I'll only struggle more painfully and so have to let my body bleed out the last of the sweat I have left. I force myself not to drink the one bead of sweat that found its way to my forehead. Fighting my instinct to survive makes it even more painful.

The sun is undeniable. It's so present that it's killing it and we can't even look at it, even though it's right in front of us. And there are days when I want to. Days when I want to blind myself from any more vision of this world. Drying fiver beds, and dead, thirsty bodies: humans, animals alike. Tongues still hanging out, so they'll look forever thirsty.

The atmosphere had been blown away only 5 years ago. The great U.N. finally reared its head against the atrocities it fought so long to undermine and bombed the entire world. They considered it an act of peace. But being a new weaponized ion of nitrogen-oxygen (other than the normal nitrate) wiped away the ozone.

We are all the blame. We were all walking this land when we allowed it to happen. The land had been perfect. It was born with an inherent perfection. We sipped from the teets of it our early days, and then stood aside and let our brethren bite apart the nipples. Nay, we joined. Now the milk is drowning us. I want to cry for ourselves, but as the sun takes away my tears, all I can do is heave for the Earth. Her pain is tangible. The grass is sharp. The birds are peckish and frustrated. The animals are howling at night. The only way it's worse than the humans that cry out and die, is that I can't run from it. Not anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment